Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Surgery

I haven't been on the blog for a while, due to a few things.
First I would like to say that I am looking for a better 2010. From here on out!!!
I went to the eye doctor in January and he said my periphial vision was poor and that it could be corrected with surgery. Well at first I said no way, no one is cutting on my eyes, not after what we went thru with Steve. He then made me take a few eye test for periphial vision and I flunked 4 test, so they took pictures and sent the test and pictures to the insurance company and we received a letter stating they would cover the surgery because it deemed necessary. So the date was set March 16th. The day came and Steve could not take work off, I was scared to death. He drove to the surgical center at 6 am in the morning. We sat in complete silence and waited for my name to be called. THey called my name, Steve said " You will be okay, I love you!" and then he left for work. To be honest as soon as I got back to the room they started an IV and I calmed right down. Then they took me to surgery had me breath 3 times into the oxygen and the next thing I knew my friend Lisa, was sitting by my bed and talking to the doctor. While I was very comfortable and having been given demoral Lisa took me home. We stopped for a blizzard, after that the rest of the day was a blur. All I remember was everytime the icepack on my eyes was changed, the pressure from the ice hurt very bad. Each day when I would wake Steve would ask, "Can you open your eyes!" Nope!! Finally the 3rd day he said your eyes are opened a tiny bit. I really couldn't forcus until Sunday, and last night while watching TV my vision went blurry, Steve said " I don't want to hear this." Tuesday the stitches came out and I couldn't wait to scratch, but Oh no, the doc said not for one more month. This I did not want to hear. So I use alot of heat to keep from itching. Today, Thursday my vision is much better, my eyes opened more. The doctor said I am still swollen and it will continue to go down for the next 8-12 weeks. Each day I see progress. I am seeing better than I have for a very long time. I am now more distracted with all I can see. LOL For all the fear and anxiety I went through before surgery I am glad I had it done. So I am back to fighting irresponsible drivers and trying to keep the kids safe as they cross the street.
Sight is such a beautiful thing.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Glad you are doing better!