Total Pageviews
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Humanitarian Project
I am the humanitarian specialist in our ward. For our project this August and September we collected toothbrushes, combs, towels, toothpaste & soap. Each kit has 2 towels, 2 bars of soap, 4 toothbrushes, 2 combs , 1 tub of 6-7.5 oz. toothpaste in them. We put tpgether 85 kits for the hurricane victims in the south. They weree shipped out yesterday. It was alot of fun and a bit of stress, but thanks to ward members and local dentists (who helped with toothbrushes) we met our goal. Think about it: that is 340 toothbrushes, 85 toothpasts, 170 combs, towels, and soap. Was a well done project. We also sent blankets too. 25.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I bet people are going to be thanking their lucky stars when they get those packages! I definitely take for granted those simple pleasures in life like toothpaste! What a great project, all your work is definitely worth it!
Robin and Logan still talk about all of Grandma's combs.
Post a Comment